The following are some of the spiritual activities which could help us as we journey through Lent together:
- Ash Wednesday: Gather with the community for Mass at 12:10 pm or 7:00 pm on Ash Wednesday to receive the Blessed Ashes.
- Weekday Mass during Lent will be celebrated at 12:10 pm in the Main Church.
- Eucharist: Gather with the community for Sunday Eucharist, and when possible, the weekday Eucharist.
- The Way of the Cross will be prayed each Friday in the Marian Chapel after the 12:10 Mass.
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament: Wednesday at 12:40 pm for one hour in the Marian Chapel.
Forms of Penance: Abstinence - Fasting - Almsgiving
Abstinence from meat is to be observed by all Catholics 14 years and older on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday.
Fasting is to be observed on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday by all Catholics between the ages of 18 and 59.
Almsgiving: These are charitable actions by which we come to the aid of our neighbours in their spiritual and bodily needs. Giving alms to the poor is a witness to fraternal charity. It is also a work of justice pleasing to God. In our parish, food or money may be donated to Emmaus House to help the needy. Each Sunday of Lent we ask the community to bring specific food items (non-perishable) for Emmaus House. On Holy Thursday, the day of the Lord`s Supper, the Church asks us to remember the needy by bringing offerings of our choice of non-perishable food or money. We will also have a Lenten Tree at the entrance of the Church with suggestions of different items for the needy.